Civilian personnel in positions classified at GS-15 or below and military personnel with a pay grade below O-7 must file an OGE-450 if the duties/responsibilities of a position require the employee "to participate personally and substantially through decision or the exercise of significant judgment, and without substantial supervision and review, in taking a Government action regarding certain actions" which include:
- Contracting or procurement
- Administering/monitoring grants, subsidies, licenses, or other federally conferred financial/operational benefits
- Regulating/auditing any non-Federal entity
- Other activities in which the final decision or action will have a direct and substantial economic effect on the interests of any non-Federal entity
- Additionally, one can be an OGE-450 filer if "the agency concludes that the duties and responsibilities of the employee's position require the employee to file such a report to avoid involvement in a real or apparent conflict of interest, and to carry out the purposes behind any statute, Executive order, rule or regulation applicable to or administered by the employee."
NOTE: There may be certain circumstances where employees in one of the positions listed above are not automatically required to fill out the OGE-450. See the OGE 450 FAQ for these limited circumstances. Filers should contact their local Ethics Official if they are unsure if the OGE-450 filing requirement applies to them.
New entrants must file the OGE-450 within 30 days from the date the individual begins an assignment to a covered position. The reporting period for a new entrant report is the 12-month period preceding the filing of the form. Thereafter, the annual report is due on February 15th and the reporting period is the preceding 12-month period from January 1 through December 31.
Other individuals who are Presidential appointees confirmed by the Senate, General Officers, or members of the Senior Executive Service are required to file an OGE-278 "Public Financial Disclosure Report" annually. Please click here for additional information about the OGE-278 filing requirements.
OGE-450 filers must complete annual government ethics training. This requirement can be satisfied by linking to the online training module (CAC required) .
DoD has mandated that all 450 reports must be filed in the Financial Disclosure Management system (FDM) beginning in the 2017 filing season (July 2016 DEPSECDEF Letter). OGE-450 filers should utilize the Financial Disclosure Management (FDM) online program to prepare the required financial disclosure reports. FDM simplifies the report preparation process by guiding the filer through entering reportable financial information. Additionally, FDM:
- Allows incumbent filers to pre-populate each new report with information from the report of the previous year
- Monitors the data entered, "flagging" missing or erroneous items
- Enables the filers to submit their report online using a digital signature and allows reviewers to review online as well as electrically sign the reports
Please contact your local SJA office with any questions. For Air Force and Space Force personnel assigned to the Air Staff, Space Staff or Secretariat, please contact the Air Force Ethics Office (SAF/GCA) at SAF.GCA.Ethics.Workflow@us.af.mil or (703) 693-0417.